The dental profession holds a special position of trust in the community and the best doctor-patient relationships are built on that trust. When you put your trust in an ADA dentist you’re choosing a dentist who has agreed to follow the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct and made a professional promise to put your health and well-being first.
What should I look for when choosing a dentist in Beaufort SC?
You may want to call or visit more than one dentist before making your decision. Dental care is a very personalized service that requires a good relationship between the dentist and the patient. During your first visit, you should be able to determine if this is the right dentist for you.
Consider the following:
- Is the appointment schedule convenient for you?
- Is the office easy to get to from your home or job?
- Does the office appear to be clean, neat and orderly?
- Was your medical and dental history recorded and placed in a permanent file?
- Does the dentist explain techniques that will help you prevent dental health problems?
- Is dental health instruction provided?
- Are special arrangements made for handling emergencies outside of office hours? (Most dentists make arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service if they are unable to tend to emergencies.)
- Is information provided about fees and payment plans before treatment is scheduled?
- Is your dentist a member of the ADA? All ADA member dentists voluntarily agree to abide by the high ethical standards reflected in the member code of conduct. You and your dentist are partners in maintaining your oral health. Take time to ask questions and take notes if that will help you remember your dentist’s advice.
Looking for a dentist near me? The American Dental Association offers these suggestions in finding a dentist:
- Visit ADA Find-a-Dentist to search dentists in your area.
- Ask family, friends, neighbors or co-workers for recommendations.
- Ask your family physician or local pharmacist.
- If you’re moving, your current dentist may be able to make a recommendation.
- Call or write your state dental society.
Why choose Lowcountry Family Dentistry?
It’s not lip service to say the priority of every member of the Lowcountry Family Dentistry team is here to care for you like you were our own family. Each staff member at our Lady’s Island dentist office is carefully chosen to ensure they have the level of empathy and compassion to meet this standard. In addition to offering a family atmosphere, we believe in the latest technology to ensure each patient receives the absolute best dental care available. Our technology includes 3D cone Beam Panoramic Patients love this combination of care and technology. We strive to exceed all the above recommendations but more importantly. We would love for you to join our dental family of patients. To do so, request your appointment today by calling 843-986-0177 or using our online form!