Dental Concerns & Your Oral Health
Your smile is the entryway to the rest of your bodily systems. What you eat, and how you care for your teeth and gums can impact the health of your entire body. Patients with good oral hygiene generally have better overall health and a lower risk of serious systemic conditions such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Taking a proactive approach to your oral health and caring for your teeth and gums can protect your smile from cavities, tooth loss, and oral and systemic disease.
What may seem like a minor cosmetic blemish, such as a cracked or chipped tooth can often lead to infection of the tooth pulp. Minor dental concerns should always be addressed as soon as possible by your local dentist in Beaufort SC. When caught early on in development, minor dental concerns can be conservatively treated. Left uncared for, small tooth cavities, cracks, and bleeding or irritated gums can often result in the need for more complex restorative treatments.
Dental concerns Dr. Covington & Dr. DuRant can address include:
- Bleeding Gums: Gum disease is a leading cause of tooth loss. Fix your bleeding gums issue to promote good gum health and maintenance.
- Crooked Teeth: Fix your crooked teeth with orthodontics, or more affordable options for minor crooked teeth issues.
- Discolored Teeth: Yellow teeth can be fixed with professional teeth whitening in a single visit.
- Fear of the Dentist: Dental anxiety and fear does not have to dictate the success of your oral health. We are a judgement-free dentist office.
- Missing Teeth: Replace your lost and missing teeth with bridgework or dental implants.
- Sleep Apnea: Get a better nights’ sleep by treating sleep apnea promptly and effectively.
- Tooth Cavities: We offer dental fillings for all ages.
Preventing Oral Disease
Dr. Covington & Dr. DuRant encourage their patients to visit the dentist on a routine basis to prevent dental concerns from escalating. Biannual dental checkups provide our dentists with the opportunity to help you resolve developing issues and preserve your natural smile.
Your routine dental exams include a thorough analysis of your entire chewing system and a one on one consultation with your dentist. We take the time to listen to your dental concerns and cosmetic goals so we can help you build a treatment plan that will exceed your expectations.
Patients who visit the dentist on a routine basis tend to experience fewer dental concerns.
In between your routine dental health exams, we encourage patients to partake in good at home oral hygiene routines. Brushing and flossing diligently can help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Brushing and flossing remove debris and prevent plaque and tartar from building up on the surface of the teeth. Daily oral hygiene is important for keeping your breath fresh, and your smile bright and healthy.
Schedule A Risk-free Consultation
We welcome new patients and look forward to helping you achieve the optimal oral health. To schedule an appointment in our Lady’s Island dentist office, contact us at (843) 986-0177 or feel free to use our online appointment form.