Many people suffer from missing teeth even with all the latest improvements in dentistry. Gum disease and tooth decay as well as trauma are some of the reasons people either lose teeth or need teeth extracted. When faced with this, patients are forced to make a decision on what to do next. They can either do nothing, replace the missing teeth with a denture or bridge, or replace them with teeth implants. Lowcountry Family Dentistry offers and recommends dental implants to patients with missing or severely damaged teeth.
Dental implants are changing people’s lives as a more natural alternative to dentures and dental bridges. An implant is a bio-compatible titanium post, acting as an anchor for a replacement tooth or dental crown. The implant procedure is minimally invasive with easy recovery and the most natural and permanent solution to tooth loss. Dr. Covington and Dr. DuRant place all types of dental implants in our Beaufort dental practice for the replacement of one or more missing teeth.
Dental Implants can used to replace:
- A single tooth that is missing or broken due to trauma or a tooth that has significant decay and can’t be corrected with a dental crown or other restoration
- Multiple teeth where a dental bridge may normally be used
- A full arch of teeth by securing a denture
What are the benefits of dental implants?
With a success rate of up to 98%, there are many benefits to dental implants:
- Appearance. Dental implants are the most natural looking and feeling replacement teeth.
- Improved Speech and Easier Eating. Implants are permanent and do not slip when speaking or eating.
- Durability.Dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Improved oral health. Because implants don’t require remaining teeth to be compromised, your own teeth are left intact.
- Comfortable. Unlike removable dentures, implants are permanent and fit perfectly.
Dental Implants – What To Expect
The most important part in your dental implant procedure is proper planning. No two patients are alike and a treatment plan must be customized for the patient and their unique set of circumstances. This takes time and a lot of prep work. Dr. Covington will do a comprehensive dental exam and will work on your custom treatment plan next.
In most cases, our dentists are able to perform extractions and place dental implants, sometimes in one visit, right in our Lady’s Island dental office. Dental implants are successful in part because they are fused to living bone. During the procedure, the periodontist will place a tiny titanium post into the jaw bone which serves as an artificial root. It will take about three to six months for the implant to heal and integrate into the bone. Next, the dental crown, dental bridge, or denture will be placed on the implant(s) to restore natural function and beauty to the tooth.
Types of Dental Implants
- Single tooth dental crowns supported by implant
- Dental bridges that are supported by dental implants
- Dentures that are supported by dental implants
Learn More About Dental Implants
- What Are Dental Implants?
- Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental Implant Process
- Dental Implants vs Dentures
- Dental Implant FAQ
- Cost of Dental Implants
- Types of Dental Implants
- Dental Implants for Multiple Missing Teeth
- Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Schedule a Consultation
If you currently suffer from missing or broken teeth, dental implants are a great way to restore your smile. To find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, call 843-986-0177 or schedule an appointment with Lowcountry Family Dentistry in Beaufort today.